Home Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!

Facebook Twitter RSS
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
Lump in arch of foot...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Pain in the sole of the foot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephy1215

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Lump in arch of foot... Reply with quote

Hi. I have a lump in the arch of my right foot, towards the inside. It first appeared about a year ago around the time that I started a job requiring me to walk for hours at a time, which I attributed the pain to. It has since almost gone away, and then reappeared, and is VERY painful. It feels almost like an enlarged knot...one which can been seen just by looking at the foot. It hurts to push or rub. A doctor that I saw about a physical suggested I take anti-inflammitories and it should go down. It hasn't. It's now to the point where it hurts to walk regularly, not just after running around all day. I'm 18 years old and have never experienced anything so random... it's starting to affect my physical activities. I no longer have a job requiring me to be on my feet for hours at a time, so what could this be? Should I go to another doctor?Thanks
tanyaj

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: lump... Reply with quote

Hi Stephy,

I also have a lump in the arch of my foot. It sounds the same, although I don't know if it can be seen by just looking at it. I am going to have a podiatrist look at it, but have you found anything else about this since your post? I've had it since I had my daughter about a year ago, and I gained a lot of weight. I don't know if it has to do with that or not.
briantownsend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Lumps in the arch Reply with quote

Hey stephy1215 and TanyaJ,

I first noticed my knots about a week ago and I am freaking out at how bad they hurt. I have a job where I am on my feet anywhere from 9 - 15 hours at a time. I have had flat feet since high school (I am 28 now) and this job for almost 2 years now. However, like I said, the lumps or knots or whatever you want to call them are relatively new. The pain is excrutiating and my knots are visible. Do either of you or anyone else have any new info on this...
thanks
B.
tanyaj

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: plantar fasciitis Reply with quote

What I was diagnosed with is plantar fasciitis. That Plantar Fascia is a band of tissue going from the heel of your foot to the base of your toe I believe, and can cause you this kind of pain or pain in your heel as well. It's completely "cureable" because it's just a injury, an inflammation, and I went to see a podiatrist about it. I would suggest you do the same. If you want to do a bit of self-diagnosis (I kind of figured I knew I had this before I saw the doctor) then do a search for plantar fasciitis in google - there's a lot of information out there on it, and even diagrams to help identify the spots. If you leave it, it's only going to get worse, but if you take care of it with exercises, stretches, and possibly some shoe inserts, it should go away.

Hope this helps.
Shazza

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Foot Lump Reply with quote

Hi has any one heard of Plantar Fibromatosis? Very Happy
joeshelly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: reply to shazza Reply with quote

To answer your question plantar fibromatosis is know as Ledderhose's disease.
In this condition, the plantar fascia (a layer of firm fibers under the skin in the bottom of the foot) forms hard, irregular lumps that can be very painful. They are not cancerous.

The exact cause of plantar fibromatosis is unknown, but people with this disorder can have a similar problem in the palm of the hand called palmar fibromatosis, or Dupuytren's contracture. Some people develop this because of a genetic predisposition. In others, it may be secondary to plantar fasciitis (inflammation of the plantar fascia), small tears in the plantar fascia with exaggerated scarring as the fascia heals, or a response to repetitive trauma to the bottom of the foot.

Last edited by joeshelly on Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
joeshelly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girlfriend also has a problem with the bottom of her foot.. She works for hours at a time walking and standing as well.. The knot on the bottom of her foot is the size of a 20 oz bottle cap.. I try massaging it but the pain is to unbearable for her.. She's been to the doctor and they gave her some kind of medicine called NAPROXEN.. She's been taking it and no results of healing are in affect.. We've been trying everything but nothing helps.. We've done all kind of research but we only come close to an answer but it's something we've already tried.. So far no positive results.. Maybe someone know something we don't...
suzannebecotte

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Lump in arch of foot... Reply with quote

Stephy1215 wrote:
Hi. I have a lump in the arch of my right foot, towards the inside. It first appeared about a year ago around the time that I started a job requiring me to walk for hours at a time, which I attributed the pain to. It has since almost gone away, and then reappeared, and is VERY painful. It feels almost like an enlarged knot...one which can been seen just by looking at the foot. It hurts to push or rub. A doctor that I saw about a physical suggested I take anti-inflammitories and it should go down. It hasn't. It's now to the point where it hurts to walk regularly, not just after running around all day. I'm 18 years old and have never experienced anything so random... it's starting to affect my physical activities. I no longer have a job requiring me to be on my feet for hours at a time, so what could this be? Should I go to another doctor?Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Pain in the sole of the foot All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: