Home > Discussion Forum

Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!
Facebook Twitter RSS
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
is an orthopaedic or podiatric surgeon best?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
georgriff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: is an orthopaedic or podiatric surgeon best? Reply with quote

I had surgery to correct a bunion on my left foot in 2004 and have been in pain when I walk ever since. The operation did not involve screws and I think was fairly basic. I have now have the chance of having corrective surgery performed either by consultant podiatric surgeon or an orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeon (both seem ok), and I'm not sure which to go for. I know the risks increase with further surgery and just want the best possible outcome. Any advice on the difference - if any - between these different types of surgeon?
Dr Foot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be a little biased here Very Happy I would say consultant podiatric surgeon as they only treat feet as apposed to an orthopedic surgeon who do hips, knees, feet, etc.
AllyG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Surgeons Reply with quote

You are more than likely correct but there are some AMAZING ortho surgeons out there who "do feet" very well! Very Happy

I had an akin and scarf osteotomy done recently by an ortho surgeon who is one of the leading hip surgeons in the UK and it appears that he has done a magnificent job! Just be aware that alot of the surgeons work privately aswell so the NHS lists are currently HUGE if you arent already in the system, the quickest way to get up the list is to either travel to different hospitals in the UK or (and i hate to say it) go private, it took me 2 weeks from seeing my surgeon to having the procedure and the NHS list meant i would have had to wait 18 months.....

If you want to go private, check out the one health group webpage, my surgeon was Dr Sanjeev Madan and he was great! Good luck Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Bunions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: