Home Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!

Facebook Twitter RSS
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
Lump under my arch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Pain in the sole of the foot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sueobriensob

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Lump under my arch Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Hi Dr Foot
I have for some time now had a small lump under my right arch. It has never really bothered me unless I've stood on something like a pebble, in which case it has really hurt. Perphaps stupidly, I've ignored it for a couple of years, hoping it might just go away. It hasn't! It's actually got a little bigger and recently has started to bother me more.

I saw a chiropodist in August who said that I had fallen arches and needed supports but that I would need to get the lump seen to first as it would be too painful to wear. I'm terrified of the thought of surgery and wonder if you have any idea what it is?

Hope you can advise.

Thanks
Dr Foot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lump could be cyst, did the podiatrist not tell you what the lump was? He/She should have.
sueobriensob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Foot lump Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for reply, no, he gave me a whole list of possibilities - cyst being one of them, but said I should go to my GP. I have (finally) plucked up the courage. He said he thinks it's fatty tissue, which to be honest, I don't think it is, but I am seeing a consultant tomorrow, so hopefully we'll get to the bottom of things

Thanks
mwester

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same problem. did you ever get a diagnosis?

I've had a lump in my arch since i was a kid (i'm 3Cool, and it typically never bothered me unless it was directly impacted by something (for instance stepping on a stone in bare feet).

Nowadays it tends to ache in the evenings as I lay in bed -- less of a sharp pain than a slow throbbing pain.

Any ideas
gloria neuman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: lump in arch of foot. Reply with quote

I have had a lump in the arch of my foot for about 4-5 yrs. It started off very small and now is about the size of a nickel. I had several visits to the podiatrist who injected the lump with steroids which seemed to shrink the lump a little but due to the pain of the injection I not returned for other injections. Now one has appeared in the same area on the other foot and notice if I stretch the arch of my foot where the first one appeared I can feel another one growing. The word neuroma comes to mind but I'm not for sure thats what he told me.
Carol A. Branca

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Plantar Fibroma Reply with quote

Hello Dr Foot,
I have been told that I have Plantar Fibroma. It started small last summer and now seems to be getting larger. Please tell me how to get Verapamil.
Have you ever heard of this?? Any advice? What about "Cryostar Cryoanalgsia"
I don't want surgery.....
I am desperate.
Thank you
Carol A. Branca
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Pain in the sole of the foot All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: