Home Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!

Facebook Twitter RSS
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
Bruising under both big toe nails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Nail Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
babyzoe312

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Bruising under both big toe nails Reply with quote

I just recently started a new job where I'm on my feet all day. The first day, I wore a pair of shoes that I've had for a long time, but haven't worn in probably a year. By the end of the day, my big toes were in pain. I assumed it was the shoes and decided I wouldn't wear them anymore. A few days later, some of my toenail polish scaped off and I could see a dark bruise under the nail, so took off all the polish and found bruises on both big toes. I've never gotten a bruise like these from wearing shoes, especially comfortable broken in shoes. But it's been almost two weeks now and one bruise has gotten bigger and the other smaller one has just gotten much darker. The toe with the bigger bruise is also a little swollen (which I'm guessing is from the bruising) and the tip of the nail looks like it's starting to pull away from the skin a little (from the swelling?) I also remember that a week or two before the shoes, my 2 yr old had stepped on my big toe and it was super painful and I thought maybe I had an ingrown nail starting, but I didn't even think about it again until the shoes a few weeks later. I've done some research online and of course found info on Subungual melanoma, but don't want to get all worked up about it until I can talk to someone who's experienced something similar or is knowledgable about it. I don't want to be a hypochondriac and run to the dr without researching it first. Any help?
ktbja

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: RE: Bruising under both big toe nails Reply with quote

I have the same problem, although it happend about 3-4 months ago and I still havent seen any improvement. Mine was also a shoe injury but from out at a nightclub. My feet were so sore, I got home, took my shoes off and noticed a bruise under each toenail. I've had a look on some other sites but they just say if there is no pain (which there isnt) then it will heel on its own. But I think I have waited long enough, and still no progress.
If you hear anything that could but speed up the heeling process, or if you have foud anything out, please let me know it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
KT
dhr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: BLACK NAIL Reply with quote

MY BIG TOE IS BLACK DOWN ONE SIDE UNDER THE TOE NAIL-I HAVE HAD THIS SINCE TRIPPING ON A STEP ABOUT SIX WEEKS AGO. THE COLOUR AND SIZE HAVE REMAINED CONSTANT. I AM ALSO TYPE 2 DIABETIC AND I AM WORRIED THAT THIS IS CONNECTED.

ANY IDEAS?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Nail Complaints All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: