Home Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!

Facebook Twitter RSS
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
Unexplained hard painful lump on side of foot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Skin Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silver sapphire

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Unexplained hard painful lump on side of foot Reply with quote

On Boxing Day last year I woke up with a very hard and painful lump on the side of my left foot (about the size of a pea), was told it was just hard skin but it kept getting worse despite moisturising and it wasn't behaving like hard skin. I went to my local NHS podiatrist who had x rays taken as he thought it was something in the skin or perhaps the bone had developed problems, or it was a bursa. None of the above came to light and he has no idea what it is but it is now becoming larger and making the skin over it hard. I have, through circulation problems, not been able to wear closed in shoes and have been surviving with mules for the last 5 years but last winter was so cold I bought a pair of boots which I wore for one day and they were fine but the next morning this lump appeared and has been there ever since. As nothing unusual is showing up on the xray the podiatrist just keeps taking the hard skin off but it is getting more painful to walk with it. I am hoping it doesn't become a serius problem like getting into the bone, but does anyone know what this is and what treatment I can use as it is really painful and no-one knows why.

Thank you.
Redpoppy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: apple cider vinegar Reply with quote

I developed a nearly identical condition just a few days ago. It has been extremely itchy (waking me up at night) and terribly inflamed. The entire side of my foot was bright red and the skin was hard over the lump, which was about the size of a peach pit. My boyfriend and I have used raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar for all sorts of problems, including skin irritation, so I figured it couldn't hurt to try it. I put 1/4 to 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar in a bowl of hot/warm water and soaked my foot in it for 15-20 minutes. The itching stopped as soon as I put my foot in the solution, so I was relieved at that. After I pulled my foot out, the redness had disappeared and the most of the skin had softened back to normal. There is still a small area that is raised and slightly firm, but I was so impressed with the relief I got that I think I will continue this routine for a few days. If nothing else, it seems to relieve most of the itching and inflammation. I know it sounds crazy, but it has worked so far, and it might work for you. If you buy the vinegar, make sure it is unfiltered, with the sediment at the bottom. Best of luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Skin Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: