Home Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!

Facebook Twitter RSS
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
shooting pain in left foot

View previous topic :: View next topic  
snatty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: shooting pain in left foot Reply with quote

For the last few days I have been suffering from a chronic shooting pain in my left foot, at the base of my little & 4th toe and then running up the inside edge of the toes, it really is excrutating and can last up to a minute or so, it is like being stabbed or an electric shock. It is intermittent but can happen several times a day. It seems to happen at random, following no particular movement, with the exception of trying to use the loo, there seems to be some connection here, it's fine to urinate, but anything else... wow,it instantly causes the shooting pain in my left foot.
I have very mild pain at the base of my back, have had a few pins and needles in my left buttock and some strange sensations down my left leg, but these are nothing compared to the foot pain.
My Doctor thinks it may be sciatica (but says I don't meet the usual symptom's) and has prescribed anti-inflammatory's & strong painkillers, I have been taking these for 2 days, with no great improvement so far. I am really concerned as when the pain strikes it really is debilitating, I am terrifried to drive or even walk outside at present.
I am hoping someone here may have had something similar ? I would be grateful for any advice.
tingaltoes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Shooting pain through toes and top of foot Reply with quote

Dear Snatty,
I've just read your post message and may provide some help. I too had the chronic pain you describe which was caused by wearing thin trainers while climbing a ladder which 'displaced' the bones in my 2nd and 3rd toes, which in turn 'pinched' the nerves running between them.
The answer for me was to see an excellent chiropractor who 'clicked' the metatarsals back into position, and manipulated the metatarsals back into the correct position.

The pain killers which are a wonder and only available on prescription are TYLEX and are amazing.

Other options are changing your shoes, and exercising your foot by walking (without shoes).

I hope you read this, and it helps, as the pain I also experienced was overwhelming and left me desperate for help.

My foot is not 100% and I still worrey about it now, some 3 years on, but I now know where to go for help. Kind regards, and please don't give up hope. Smile
greg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to Snatty Reply with quote

I have the exact same symptoms that you have and I was wondering what you have done since your posting and if it has helped you. I have had the same problem for six years and would appreciate any information you have. Thanks!

Greg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Toe Pain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: