Home Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!

Facebook Twitter RSS
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
Radiating Big Toe Pain ...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Toe Pain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cynbunbun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Radiating Big Toe Pain ... Reply with quote

Ok, I have a good one. I have ongoing pain in my left big toe. It doesn't swell or keep me from doing anything, it's simply annoying. Cold makes it worse. The weird thing is that many times when I have this toe pain, I also have a sharp pain in the inside lower right leg, at the base of my calf. Sometime this pain even continues up to my inner knee and thigh.

I guess my question is could these pains be related and what could be causing it? And should I be concerned about a blood clot or something like that, in my leg?

Help!
Dr Foot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you had a blood clot in your leg you would know about it! I'm not sure how the pain in your calf region would give you pain in the large toe. It may be an abnormal reaction to the cold such as chilblain lesion but you need to be examined by a podiatrist.
Bossyboots

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Radiating Big Toe Pain ... Reply with quote

cynbunbun wrote:
Ok, I have a good one. I have ongoing pain in my left big toe. It doesn't swell or keep me from doing anything, it's simply annoying. Cold makes it worse. The weird thing is that many times when I have this toe pain, I also have a sharp pain in the inside lower right leg, at the base of my calf. Sometime this pain even continues up to my inner knee and thigh.

I guess my question is could these pains be related and what could be causing it? And should I be concerned about a blood clot or something like that, in my leg?

Help!

I have recently had a bone scan because the pain in my foot has associated leg pain. My feet and legs were scanned but I don't get the results for another week. However, between my consultant and physio there has been an indication of a circulation issue.

You should get this checked out. It has taken 18 months for me to get to this stage with my medical treatment, I suggest you seek advice sooner rather than later.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Toe Pain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: