Home Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!
Facebook Twitter RSS
FAQFAQ† †SearchSearch† †MemberlistMemberlist† †UsergroupsUsergroups† †RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile† †Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages† †Log inLog in

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
fake toenails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Nail Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shazstewart

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: fake toenails Reply with quote

I had ingrowen toe surgery on four toes last year and unfortunatley it ha not work, my surgen has now told me that the only option left is to have them totally removal.

however I was wondering if anyone could give me advise no fales nail, can acrylics or gels be used unskin. or is stick on nail the only option as they don't seem to have the staying power.

any information that anyone could provide would be much appreciated

thanks Laughing
katkat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: There is hope Reply with quote

I have the same problem from years ago. You can find a salon in your area who uses Pedique by LCN (Light Concept Nails). Here is a link to show you what they can do for disfigured or as in your case, missing nails. I've been using it for years and it has really made a difference in my life

Try a google search for LCN

Good luck!
Ness

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: re: fake toenails Reply with quote

Hi,
I thought about getting a fake nail for my one big toe nail that has no nail. I have had problem nails ever since I was a kid. I probably didn't worry too much about it then, I guess when you're a kid, you're too busy running around anyway, who's gonna see your nails right?
As an adult, I've become very self conscious about them. For starters, I have big fat "Fred Flintstone" toes. The big toe on my left foot was the most troublesome, it was partly removed because of ingrown toenails. Then later on it developed toenail fungus. I've gone to a podiatrist, who did prescribe me some lamisil, and it worked for a while. Then I started having a lot of kidney infections and even had a stone, so I had to stop the lamisil.
The fungus came back. The big toenail on my left foot, was completely removed once, and it came back the same way, infected with fungus. I finally had enough of that, so the next time the doctor removed it, I said, make it so it doesn't grow back. I was lucky, I didn't have any infections or anything, but it is still tender to the touch. However, I am no able to put nail polish on it, nobody even notices now that there's no nail on it when it's polished. A word of caution though, if you do polish it, do not, and I repeat, do not put polish remover on.....It burns!
Let it come off on it's own.

My toenail on my right big toe seems to be clearing up on it's own, I don't know how or why, but all but the middle toe on that foot has fungus in the nails, and the fourth & fifth toes on my left foot do as well.
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person with this problem. I'm not glad you have/had this problem, I'm just glad to see there's a site for people with problem feet like myself.
Try the nail polish (make sure you're completely healed of course). It makes a difference.
ssh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Is your nail still tender Reply with quote

I know this post was written a few months ago, but I was wondering how long does your nail stay tender after surgery? I had my disfigured big toenail removed last year. A few months after I had my nail permanently removed I started gluing on fake nails. They look great! In fact my fake nail looks 100% better than my other real big toenail. However, my nail bed has been very tender since my surgery. I think Iím damaging the nail bed each time I put on a fake nail, but I love wearing sandals. I expected the skin to get hard and rough which I thought would allow me to add a fake nail without any problems. However, my skin is still sensitive. I noticed that you mentioned that your nail bed was sensitive as well. Is it still sensitive? Does this ever go away? Has anyone had any luck with fake toenails? What type of glue do you use? I think it's the nail glue that's irritating my skin. I'm just looking for any other remedies or info that can help. I'm also vey willing to share all of my horror stories as well.
kgldsun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, just noticed your post and was interested. I had my big toe nails removed over 20 years ago now and still cannot bear to have them touched. When you say 'sensitive' I would say the sensation of 'feeling/touch' on a place that was previously covered (by the nail) makes me cringe, and therfore I find it awful, although not troublesome or painful in anyway.
On the bigger problem of false nails, I have yet to find a strong enough glue that will last longer than say 1 day. At the moment I use the uaual ones from Boots etc and buy a strong one. I think because even after 20 years the shape of my nail is still apparent on the toe the false nail is having problems sticking to something 'not smooth' as such. I would welcome any further ideas though.
Its good to know your not alone!
ssh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Thanks for your reply Reply with quote

I've actually discovered a glue which stays on for almost a week and doesn't irritate my skin as much. I have the medical grade glue thatís included in the Kiss Big Toenail package. Unfortunately, the glue bottle is pretty small. I'm almost out of glue and I don't know what I'm going to use next. I've found that the Kiss glue is the only one that doesn't irritate my skin. The advertisement on the box mentions that it is safe to glue directly on the skin, so that probably explains why it works so well. I wish that I could just order the glue without the extra nails. I'll let you know if I find anything else that works. It's been 18 months since my surgery and the sensitivity is getting better. I think my sensitivity will get much better during the winter months when I'm not so concerned with my toenails. I'm looking forward to wearing boots!
kgldsun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was quite excited to read your reply regarding 'kiss' nail products. I researched them immeadiatly and found they are mainly available in the USA, but I can get them also here in England. What struck me as odd, was I have just purchased some 'nailene' Superglue from 'Boots' and on looking at the 'kiss' bottles of glue, they look identical. I have though yet to try this product for its durablility. I will keep you informed.Are you in the USA or the UK?
I have to admit though that in all the various glues/adhesives I have tried in the last twenty years, none have irritated my skin. They have just failed to remail longer than 1/2 days!!
I look forward to your reply. Very Happy
xellex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi just read your post on kiss big toes fake toenails and was trying to get them in uk without success, could you please tell me where you got them .
waqasali

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually the side of the nail penetrates deep and it is difficult to see the edge of the nail.
[url]gg[/url]
llexxzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: 13 years old and getting my toenails removed. Reply with quote

hey my names Alexis Burch and I'm 13 years old and getting my toenails removed .. I'm really scared and don't know what to expect. I'm getting them removed next week! But a DAY later I'm going on a road trip with my youth group to Dallas, six flags, and Hurricane Harbor. But that trips only for 3 days. Than I have a DAY to pack for Oregon and be there for a whole month because my flight leaves really early in the morning. But I'm just wondering when I can start putting fake nails on.. and where do I place th glue ? Like since I'm not going to have any toenail to glue it onto? I'm just confused. And other question, will I be able to have fun a day after when I get to Dallas? And can I get them wet? like with clorien?
I'm sorry I have so many questions.. I'm just really scared and not ready for this removal..
if you could get back to me as SOON as possible, that would be really appreciated. Question Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Nail Complaints All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: