Home > Discussion Forum

Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!

Facebook Twitter RSS
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
Avascular Necrosis of the Navicular

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Sports Injuries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heaton2111

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Avascular Necrosis of the Navicular Reply with quote

7 years ago after a couple of serious ankle inversion sprains some years earlier I was diagnosed with Avascular Necrosis of the Navicular in my right foot. The doctor highlighted on xray that a previous fracture had not been diagnosed.
It is now 15 years since the original episodes and my foot is worse than ever. I manage it with anti-inflamms but due to my job as a Rugby League S&C coach my job is very active and bouts of pain are more frequent, even now during walking around the shops. A fusion has been mentioned but the docs are loathe to do it due to my active job and age (41) but the pain is getting more and more frequent. The affected gait is even de-stabilising my knee.
Has anyone encountered this problem and got any advice? I have requested a cortisone injection in the meantime as orthotics have not helped whatsoever
Lerakroxa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:35 am    Post subject: Avascular Necrosis of the Navi Reply with quote

Yes that is the right way of answering and your answer is right too...but let punt confirm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Sports Injuries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: