Home > Discussion Forum

Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!

Facebook Twitter RSS
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
PAIN AFTER BUNION SURGERY

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bertieprospect

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: PAIN AFTER BUNION SURGERY Reply with quote

I had bunion surgery 3 weeks ago and I am still getting a great deal of pain, enough to keep me awake at nights. Does this seem normal, am I expecting too much too soon as i expected to be back at work by now, but I am wearing the reverse boot for another few weeks. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thankyou
kitching5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: . Reply with quote

You might be getting pain because your big toe is stiff, is it like shooting pains? i would exercise your big toe by gently wiggling it but not for to long!
Lilehham

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: PAIN AFTER BUNION SU Reply with quote

Had the same supination/pronation pain. Still have supination pain at 5 weeks post op but not nearly as painful as it was a couple of weeks ago. As others have said, it just takes time and patience. Take care.
Marysicits

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: PAIN AFTER BUNION SURGERY Reply with quote

Does anyone know what the symptoms of infection would be post-op fistula?

The pain seems to be worse now than it was after the surgery, which was last Monday.

Thanks

Cameron
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Harriet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While recovery after bunion surgery takes about six to eight weeks, full recovery from bunion removal surgery can take an average of four to six months. For the first two weeks following your surgery, you’ll wear a surgical boot or cast to protect your foot. Expect your foot to remain swollen to some degree for several months after bunion removal. Wear shoes with ample room to minimize your pain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Bunions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: