Home > Discussion Forum

Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!
Facebook Twitter RSS
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
itchy spot on foot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Skin Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oreohippie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: itchy spot on foot Reply with quote

About a year ago, I had a small spot come up on the top right of my left foot (near the ankle). I work at a summer camp and thought I had gotten yet another chigger/red bug. It itches like crazy. I knew it wasn't a chigger when it went away for a few days and came back. It does this regularly. It'll be there for about a week...clear up for a few days...and then come back. What's crazy about it is that it never comes up in the same spot. I know you aren't suppose to scratch things, but I do, and you can see little scars where it has come up and gone away.
I've tried medications for athletes foot, ringworm, insect bites, and itching, and nothing seems to work.
Any help or ideas would be great, or else I have to see a doctor cause it drives me insane!
Harriet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he fungus grows best in a warm, moist environment such as shoes, socks, swimming pools, locker rooms, and the floors of public showers. It is most common in the summer and in warm, humid climates. It occurs more often in people who wear tight shoes and who use community baths and pools.

The best way to diagnose the infection is to have your doctor scrape the skin and examine the scales under a microscope for evidence of fungus.

-------------
Podiatrist near University of British Columbia
westsidepodiatry.ca
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Skin Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: