Home > Discussion Forum

Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!
Facebook Twitter RSS
FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
grandson has vertical congenital talus is 2 years old

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Childrens Feet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: grandson has vertical congenital talus is 2 years old Reply with quote

my grandson has been in casts since the 1st of june/09 and has just had surgery to cut tendons and put pins in the top of his foot. he will have to wear casts for another 6 weeks then be fitted with braces that he will have to wear full time for 6 months then night time for 1 year. his mom and i have been having a hard time finding info about cvt, except science info, which doesn,t answer the questions his mom has. we were told he will have to have a MRI to rule out any other problems but we don.t know what those problems might be. the only problem we have noticed is his slow speech and don,t know if this is related. any answers would be helpful. Laughing We were told this is an unusual condition with only about 200 cases in all of Canada. He is being treated at Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto, Ont. and even though his mom put up her name so people would contact her with info there doesn,t seem to be anyone else in the area to talk to.
Nickos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Hi - I noticed your post on here from 2009, relating to your grandsons CVT - Our son has CVT, had his serial castings back in April and has progressed well since, he is starting to toddle - We too have found it difficult to find any information so I just wanted to see how your grandson had progressed and weather, 7 years on, he has full use of his feet and has no issue walking etc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Childrens Feet All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: