Home Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!
Facebook Twitter RSS
FAQFAQ† †SearchSearch† †MemberlistMemberlist† †UsergroupsUsergroups† †RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile† †Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages† †Log inLog in

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
Sleep interrupted due to ankle pain

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Sports Injuries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel929Baby

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Sleep interrupted due to ankle pain Reply with quote

I have had a problem for years. I wake up in the middle of the night with ankle pain. It hurts to touch or move my ankle. I have to lift it with my hands. Usually I can crack it and the pain goes away. The last time I sprained my ankle was two years before this started but it is the same ankle. Tonight I again woke up with severe pain. I cracked my ankle and the pain did not decrease. I took presciption pain pills and 4 hours later, I'm still in pain. The ankle is not swollen. If I touch it, it hurts. There is no pain behind the bones, only in front. My pcp has not been able to figure it out and says it is probably a charle horse. But now the pain lasts for days. Do you have any ideas.

Thank you,
Barbara
Dr Foot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iím not sure if you have damaged the ligament or the bones. The cracking sensation is usually the ligaments grinding on the bones. Visit a podiatrist and you may need x-rays for a diagnosis.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Sports Injuries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: