Home Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!

Facebook Twitter RSS
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
Big toe curling upwards

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cerins

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Big toe curling upwards Reply with quote

I have an unusual problem in that my big toes on both feet curl upwards. It's becoming a real problem now that I have to wear formal shoes for work as the toes press against the top of my shoes, even wide toes ones. I have always had quite shallow feet with a low instep and I think i might have curled my toes upwards to keep my shoes on as a child which might explain why they won't lie flat now. Is there anything I can do to straighten them? Normal bunion splints don't seem to do anything because they seem to deal with straightening toes from left to right (or vice versa) rather than up and down.
sistersedge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Curled up BIG TOE Reply with quote

Hi i also have a curled up big toe on both feet, it is very painful if someone stands on my foot by accident, as in effect they are standing on the very end of my toe, and they have been known to bleed if trodden on. i hate my toes and am considering corrective surgery. I will never wear open toes shoes or sandals as i'm so ashamed of my horrible toes. does anyone know what this is called and how it can be treated.
sandi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,i too have this curled up toe,but have had it for at least 11 years.also have numbness in big toe and pain in toe and ball of foot,so much so that i mostly walk on side of my foot to attempt to relieve pain,this causes pain all over,knee,hip,back neck and poor posture.my gp seems not to believe me about pain and have seen lots of pple over years who say nothing wrong,am now being treated for sesamoiditis AGAIN.I am willing to go private to get help but dont know where to start or what king of consultant i would need to see.any ideas anyone.
sandra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Toe Pain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: