Home Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!

Facebook Twitter RSS
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
Ankle dislocation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Sports Injuries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mykalg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Ankle dislocation Reply with quote

Hi, All
Maybe you can help me. Six weeks ago I had a nasty motorcycle accident where my ankle was nearly severed with it holding on by only the back area around my achiles tendon. I had to have a free flap where they took muscle from my back and skin from my leg and grafted it to the front area of my anklejoint. My tendons to my foot and toes and my ligaments were damaged and had to be repaired. I think the ligament that goes across the front of my foot was severed and had to be joined. I now have external fixtures on my leg holding still. I am wondering how long it will take for the ligaments to repair and what the average time these external fixtures stay on for. I do have a photo but a bit unsure on how to post it.

Thanks for any help or opinions you may log.

Mick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Sports Injuries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: