Home Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!

Facebook Twitter RSS
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
BROKEN 5TH METATARSAL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soas1961

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: BROKEN 5TH METATARSAL Reply with quote

Hi. I broke my 5th metatarsal 5 weeks ago and at A&E they performed a reduction under local anaesthetic - ouch! I'm still wearing flip flops and cannot weight bear at all. I actually broke off the top of the 2nd bone down on my little toe (actually is this called a phalange and not metatarsal) and it is still painful. The base of my foot underneath my little toe is painful when I try to weight bear.
All that I was told to do was to buddy tape to next toe which it turns out my Dr suspects has a small fracture as well. I wasn't given crutches or anything else.
Would put pic of x-ray on here but can't figure out how to do it!!
Does anyone have any idea how long this is going to take to heal please? I'm starting to get quite fed up with this as it seems so stupid as it's only my little toe. Sad
[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Toe Pain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: