Home Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!

Facebook Twitter RSS
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
Pain on top of foot over 5th metatarsal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
swinka

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Pain on top of foot over 5th metatarsal Reply with quote

I had an osteotomy on both 5th metatarsals 20 years ago to remove extra bone which made fiting shoes difficult.
Two years ago I broke my 5th metatarsal below the osteotomy site on one foot. I had pain around the exact site of the break for several weeks before the fracture (diagnosed as soft tissue injury but I suspect it was a stress fracture before becoming complete).
Four weeks ago I stubbed my little toe on the other foot and had extreme pain at the base of the 5th metatarsal on the top of my foot. An Xray shows it isn't broken and again it was diagnosed as a "soft tissue injury".
I cannot walk without limping and am in constant pain. Ice relieves this (even after 4 weeks) but only temporarily. Anti-inflammatories do nothing to help the pain. Strapping it makes it hurt worse, I cannot wear any shoes which put pressure on the top of my foot.
Any suggestions for healing at home and or further treatment would be greatly appreciated.
Dr Foot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a soft tissue injury should be healing after 4 weeks. Have you seen a podiatrist, its difficult to give advice on a complex foot condition such as yours needs to be physically examined, if you need padding and support for your foot click below

https://secure14.easyspace.com/www.drfoot.co.uk/acatalog/Dr_Foot_On_Line_Pads_for_the_soles_of_feet_18.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Toe Pain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: