Home Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!

Facebook Twitter RSS
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
Numbness in both big toes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jallard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Numbness in both big toes Reply with quote

For the past several months I have had total numbness in both of my big toes. It is especially noticable if I am on my feet or walking for long periods-- the bottoms of my toes start to burn and my heals begin to hurt: And, it never goes away. It is constant no matter what type of shoe I wear. In addition, in 2005 I was operated on for a lower lumbar herniated disc.

a) I have been tested via ultrasound for blood clots in both my legs, that showed nothing.

b) I have also been tested for sugar diabetes, which proved negative.

c) Just yesterday I was tested for nerve damage by a nurologist, and according to him there is no nerve damage associated with the numbness.

The Nurologist also informed me that the MRI showed that I had a birth defect in the brain: Meaning, that most people are born with a membrain that attaches to and seperates the left and right side of the brain. That membrain is missing in me. Therefore, it is one solid mass.

Following the nerve testing of only one leg—not both—he asked me what type of insurance I had. When I replied that I had The Vermont Health care plan –Medicaid—he dismissed no further testing. His main reason for the MRI and nerve damage test was to check to see if the Dilatin that I take for my unexplained seizures was affecting the numbness in my toes.
ksparks33

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: numb big toes Reply with quote

I have just returned from a cruise and not only do I still feel like I am on a boat, but both my big toes have a slight numbness in them. It has lasted for days and has not gotten better so I thought I would check out what happened with your situation and possibly find a way to fix mine.
Any suggestions Question
rossgerami

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Feels like rubber band around my toes Reply with quote

I feel a rubber band around both feet on my toes. If I walk any distance it is very uncomfortable. My feet feel hot also and it feel like something is under my front toes like a sock or something but there is nothing. Does anyone know what this could be? I have had MRI and my circulation is ok and Ik am not a Diabetic. I do have Prenious Anmmeia.
bobodobo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Numbness in both big toes Reply with quote

The elastic band?
Do you sit with your legs crossed, side by side, like the letter "A"?
I have the same problem with numbness in both big toes and have have the problem for about 3 years and it is getting worse.

I think that there are nerves , in at your knee joints that that effect the big toes. When you sit crosslegged or when you sleep, your legs press against each other and that effects your big toe.

i am going to see my chirprator, with the infromation that i gater online today and see if I can remedfy this.

My pain goes from the tips of my big toes, to the joint and under neath the ball of the foot. i walk funny. i wear size 14 wide sneakerts all the time.
rossgerami

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: rubber band around my toes feeling Reply with quote

I have had my right foot start with a feeling of a sock under my foot 15 yrs ago now both feet feel like there are rubber bands wraped around my toesday, and my feet feel hot in all shoes. What do you think it is?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Toe Pain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: