Home Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!

Facebook Twitter RSS
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
Started out as heel pain....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cindi2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Started out as heel pain.... Reply with quote

Okay, here goes. I've looked everywhere for help with my problem, but can never find an answer for my exact symptoms.

This started out a few years ago as heel pain. I went to a foot doctor, he took xrays and told me I had Plantar Fasciitis. He gave me a cortisone injection in the torn ligament. The pain went away for about a month, then returned. It was just as bad, if not a little worse than before. A few weeks after the pain returned, I was in my backyard with my dog, and I turned to throw her a toy, when I got a very strange feeling in my heel. It was like a cold feeling then a tingley feeling in my heel, I felt a snap in my arch, then my arch started giving me terrible pain. I had lost my job, which included my benefits, so I couldn't afford to go to my foot doctor again. I bought some OTC arches, Dr. Scholl high arches, and the pain has pretty much left, as long as I wear my shoes. If I spend a day at home, in slippers, then I pay for it the next day with a stiff and achey foot. Anyway, now since I felt the snap in my arch, every morning when I get up my heel has a pins and needles feeling like it's asleep, for a few seconds after I begin walking. I've also noticed my foot doesn't seem to have the equal strength of my other foot. Like when you use your toes to pull the heel of your shoes off.... I can do it fine with my unhurt foot, but my torn ligament foot seems to lack the strength to pull off the shoe. Walking doesn't really give me any problem, unless I've been on my feet all day at work, sit down for a little bit, then get back up. It's a little painful to walk for a few minutes but then the pain works out and it's okay.

Does anyone have any idea what I could have done? Could the ligament have completely torn in two in my arch? If so, will this heal or will I need to go back to a foot doctor?

I did have an achilles tendon injury about 35 years ago, when I almost cut the tendon in my ankle in half. It has not really given me any problems for all these years, so I doubt it's an achilles problem.

OKay, gotta go to work. Thanks for any help!!

Cindi
optolvidops

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Started out as heel pain Reply with quote

Im wondering what your opinion on Acupuncture
and its effectiveness and method of treating back pain? If you can post a
good article or two on it, that you feel is acurate and informative, that
would be very helpfull.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Heel Pain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: