Home Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!

Facebook Twitter RSS
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
Foot pain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Childrens Feet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cofad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Foot pain Reply with quote

My 19 month Daughter's suddenly started to tiptoe about 2 week ago, it took over a 10days of constantly pressing all parts of her leg before we identified that it is actually underneath her soles that the pain is.

I don't know what has caused this, there is not puncture on her feets, but if you try to touch or press under the feet (towards the heel side) she is in extremely painful. It is worse when she is inactive or sleeping.

But the pain seem to go down when I use ice-pack, could you please help advice, what this could be and how can it be addressed, thank.
Dr Foot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your daughter does not obvious signs of damage to the sole of her foot then you need to take her to our GP as she should not be getting severe pain n the ball of her foot. She may need x-rays to rule out bony damage, due to her age she probably does not have osteochondrosis, the only other possible condition it could be is damage to the nerves. She need to be assessed and diagnosed before you jump to any conclusions.
cofad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Foot Pain Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, we have taken her to 2 different hospital and on both occasion they took x-ray, and said they couldn't see anything wrong with her, as a result they told us to give it a week to see if it would settle down and contine to use pain killers.

But after reading some of the common foot problems on your site, I started to use cold gel on her sole, and for the last few days whatever is the problem seem to have improved a bit. She still tiptoes about, and in a bit of pain, the swelling I noticed on her heel has gone down as well.

We are still monitoring her closely and really worried that it might affect her walking if she is not diagnosed and treated properly - Do you think should we seek professional help immediately (i.e chiropodists/ podiatrist) considering it is going to 3 weeks now and the x-rays have reveal nothing or should we continue to wait a see if it would sort itself out.
Dr Foot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if she could have damaged her plantar fascia (broad muscle fibres that go from the heel to the toes).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Childrens Feet All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: