Home Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!

Facebook Twitter RSS
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
Can't walk in shoes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Pain in the sole of the foot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bw77

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Can't walk in shoes Reply with quote

Starting about 2 months ago, I noticed a problem with my left foot, after a few minutes walking, my foot wants to flex as if I am trying to grab a towel with my toes, making it very difficult to walk. When I take my shoes off, problem goes away. I can walk outside in 2 pair of socks as much as I want, no problem. I can walk inside the house on the wood floor barefoot, no problem. I can ride my bike, no problem. I have tried several pairs of shoes and boots, same problem.

I had a problem with sesamoiditis 2 years ago, and custom orthotics helped me with that. I do not feel any pain or discomfort under my big toe, the forefoot just wants to lock down.

I went to a podiatrist, and he has ordered a new pair of custom orthotics for me, which should be ready next week, but he had no idea why my forefoot locks down in shoes. In the meantime, I just walk around in socks, when it's dry and not too cold.

Does anyone have an idea about what is causing this problem?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Pain in the sole of the foot All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: