Home Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!

Facebook Twitter RSS
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
Mystery pain in Big Toe!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pchelpinc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Mystery pain in Big Toe! Reply with quote

I have never broken a toe, but lately I have STABBING pain in my left. big toe. No sign of inflammation or swelling just stabbing pain? Could this be gout without any inflammation or swelling?
Any help would be appreciated! It really hurts......
jkg12175

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I can tell you is that I am experiencing the same problem. The big toe on my left foot throbs all the time but its when I try to walk on it that it is almost like a searing pain when the big toe is flexed up. I have located the problem (sesamoid) but am unable to do anything about it since our health care stinks! Can you push on the bottom of your toe/ball without any pain? I am certainly NO expert but I would look into sesamoiditis.

Hope this helps and good luck to you!
jkg12175

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I can tell you is that I am experiencing the same problem. The big toe on my left foot throbs all the time but its when I try to walk on it that it is almost like a searing pain when the big toe is flexed up. I have located the problem (sesamoid) but am unable to do anything about it since our health care stinks! Can you push on the bottom of your toe/ball without any pain? I am certainly NO expert but I would look into sesamoiditis.

Hope this helps and good luck to you!
pchelpinc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Mystery solved... for me... for now Reply with quote

I finally ASSUMED mine was GOUT (even though it wasn't sensitive to the touch like some of yours, and no sign of swelling or inflammation- the usual indications of GOUT) and started reducing acidic foods and anything that contributes to elevated URIC ACID levels and after about six days, the pain subsided and has not recurred since (thank goodness)!

I drink a lot of fluids and I usually have been drinking some Diet Cherry Coke and Water and lately I had started replacing the water with Tropicana Diet Fruit Punch (also acidic), so I cut back on the Diet drinks and added more water back in my routine, which apparently did the trick.

I would recommend EVERYONE WITH TOE PAIN try a reduced acidic intake (Tomatos and all fruit with an acidic base, colas, etc) and add more water to your daily routine. Give it a week and see what happens. It can't hurt. There is also a list of foods to avoid on this site (they increase URIC acid in the body).

Within a week (if you TRULY follow the list) it will give you an indicator if it is GOUT. There are also medications to reduce URIC ACID, but I recommend trying the natural way first!

Good luck! Very Happy
so_innocent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: THE SAME THING Reply with quote

but its in my right big toe and its usualy at most random times, it gets so bad that im screaming for it to stop and crying, and im only 13 and im scared...plz help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Toe Pain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: