Home Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!

Facebook Twitter RSS
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
Heel Injury/Pain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Sports Injuries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yaz123

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Heel Injury/Pain Reply with quote

I am hoping someone might be able to help/advise.

About 4 weeks ago i was playing 5 a side football. I felt some pain in my right foot (heel). I can't remember a specific challenge that caused this, if indeed the injury was caused by a challenge. When i got home it really did start to hurt, and the next day was even worse. For the next few days i struggled to put shoes on, walk etc because of the pain.

2 weeks after the injury i thought it had improved so i played in an 11 a side game, however i could only last 20 mins due to the injury and wasn't moving freely.

It's been 4 weeks now (since the original injury and 2 weeks since i last played); it's ok now; i can walk with only a slight bit of pain; i took my kid out yesterday and was kicking a ball with him and i could feel the pain coming back.

The pain is coming from the heel; when i squeeze the inside of my heel it is painful. Has anyone had this before? what is the cause? Do i have to rest completely without even light running until it goes away? or can i do a bit of excercise? or does this make it worse? How long does it take to fully recover?

Any advise will be much appreciated. Thanks
Bumerany

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Heel Injury Reply with quote

Heel spurs are not typically a source of pain. My first thought is a stress fracture. PF tends to get better with activity. If its a muscular problem attachment point of abductor hallicus, quadratus plantae and or flexor digitorium brev., then its possible for it to feel worse with activity. Can you pinpoint a specific location of pain?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Sports Injuries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: