Home Dr Foot Discussion
Take Care of Your Feet!

Facebook Twitter RSS
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr Foot Home Shopping Talk to a Podiatrist
driving with walking boot?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Sports Injuries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geek_girl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: driving with walking boot? Reply with quote

Hi! I broke my 5th metatarsal doing kung fu 6 weeks ago. There was fairly significant displacement, so the doc did surgery (2 titanium screws). I was in a nonweightbearing cast for a few week, and I'm in a fiberglass "walking" cast now.

If things go well, then I may get a walking boot (w/the velcro straps) next thursday.

Does anyone here know if driving is possible with one of those. It's my right foot and I have a truck with manual transmission.

thanks!
tsm1776

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: re: boots and driving Reply with quote

I just got a boot yesterday for torn ligaments in my foot. i was told I could not drive with it on and when I tried to see how fit I found that in my subaru legacy, when I tried to allign my fot w/ the gas pedal, it was also an inch or two on the brake as well.

Tim
mz yoga

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: driving Reply with quote

When I was in a velcro walking boot, I tried out driving in a large parking lot; the way I managed was to get into the . and change into a large shoe that would accomodate my swollen foot and then drive. After a short time, I was able to drive on freeways and city streets.
brackinm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am driving in the US with a large velcro boot up to my knee. 3rd metetarsal fracture on the right foot. I am driving with the seat way back and the the right boot pull close to the seat with the right one crossing over to reach the pedals. It works to get me 7 miles to work and back. Not going much else dueto not being able to walk far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dr Foot Discussion Forum Index -> Sports Injuries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: