|Reusable Cold/Hot Gel Pack|
Hot and cold - proven therapy for hurting feet. Doctors have known for years that the alternating application of heat and cold coupled with massage works wonders to relieve pain, reduce swelling and promote healing
The Vulkan Hot & Cold reusable gel packs provide an effective treatment for all types of soft tissue injuries such as Heel Pain.
Ice Packs or Warm Compresses? When to use heat and when to use cold:
It can sometimes be confusing whether to use heat or cold when treating sore muscles or an injury, but keep these facts in mind:
1. Brings more blood to the area where it is applied.
2. Reduces muscle spasm, which makes it useful when muscles are tight.
3. When muscles work, chemical side products are produced that need to be eliminated. When exercise is very intense, there may not be enough blood flow to eliminate all the chemicals. It is the accumulation of chemicals (i.e. lactic acid) that cause muscle ache. Because the blood supply helps eliminate these chemicals, use heat to help sore muscles after exercise.
1.Reduces blood in the area where it is applied.
2. Will reduce inflammation and also numb the hurt area to help ease the pain.
3. When an injury or inflammation such as heel pain occurs, tissues are damaged and inflammation occurs. Heat will increase blood flow and increase the bleeding. Cold will reduce blood flow to the area and reduce inflammation. Cold also numbs the affected area, which can reduce pain.