|Heel Rite Day Splint|
| The bulleted items summarize how to use Heel-Rite:|
*Use during the day when on your feet.
*Avoid using support at night during sleep.
*Adjust the tension of straps periodically for ideal support.
*Wear for shorter periods initially if heel pain is bad.
*Taper off on its use as heel pain subsides.
What Shoes Work the Best?
Heel-Rite can be used in most shoes but it works best in laced up shoes or athletic shoes, trainers, sandals or other open backed shoes. Avoid tight fitting shoes with high heels and/or poor arch support.
Heel-Rite comes in 2 sizes to ensure a perfect fit:
Easy Step-by-Step Fitting Instructions:
1. Place the foot into support with the heel into the hole. Fasten the foot strap first while pulling the support towards your toe. It is important that you do this properly so the strap that supports the heel is positioned just in front of the heel. Then fasten the strap that wraps around the leg. When fitted properly no material should bunch up around the ankle. (Figure 1)
2. Loop strap through metal clips on each side of the support (Figure 2)
3. Pull the ends of the straps upwards and towards the back (Figure 3). With equal tension on each strap, pull them snug until you feel pressure on the underside of the foot where the heel meets the arch
4. While holding the straps tight, crisscross them around the back of the heel and attach them around the sides and front to the hook and loop material on the opposite side from which each strap originated (Figure 4).
5. The support when fully fitted should look like the one demonstrated in Figure 6 and you should notice what feels like a slight bounce in your step or a lifting of your arch when you walk.
Important Safety Precautions:
WARNING: This support provides compressive forces, it should not be worn by those with circulatory problems, diabetes, neuropathy or any other conditions that decreases sensation in the foot! Nor should it be worn by those with skin problems such as rashes, irritations, diseases or ulcers.
This support should only be worn during the day. DO NOT wear this support during the night when sleeping. Also it is recommended not to use this splint and the FXT night splint as the plantar fascia needs time to heal.
If your toes go numb or turn blue, purple or white, the support is too tight. First loosen the straps a little. If this doesn't help, then discontinue the use of the support immediately and consult with your health professional. You may require a larger size.
Discontinue use immediately if you notice numbness, swelling, cramping, or a worsening pain developing in the foot or leg.
*Hand or machine wash in warm water using a mild soap
"I have suffered with Plantar Fasciitis on and off for over a year now.
I recently purchased a Heel Rite Splint as well as a Night Splint and the results have been excellent. So much so that I wake up in the morning without any pain and feel much more comfortable when wearing the day splint to help my recovery.
Many thanks also to your office who when I asked for advice they contacted me and dealt with my query in a very professional and pleasant manner."
Vic Leer, UK