FREE advice - Ask a specialist. Ask Dr Foot a Question about Foot Neuroma?
Symptoms of Neuroma
- Begins with numbness or tenderness in the foot, just behind the 3rd and 4th toes
- At a later stage, pain, numbness, burning and tingling sensations can radiate around the foot.
- The symptoms may appear and disappear spontaneously.
- Severe pain may be present at weight bearing areas of the foot.
- The patient may experience spontaneous shooting pains, which is often referred to as an "electric shock". This can affect patients when they are sleeping at night.